Name:	StretchWMlogo.jpg 
Views:	788 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	512 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YogaSystemGrey.jpg 
Views:	816 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	513

Product/Program/Strategy: Stretch What Matters: Complete Yoga System with Mat
    Description: The Stretch What Matters Yoga System is for individuals looking to practice or teach beginner level yoga. Elizabeth Goranson, the creator, calls the product, "a yoga teacher in a box". The yoga system is perfect for establishments looking to implement an easy to follow and safe yoga program. Some examples of places to use the Stretch What Matters Yoga System include, but are not limited to, inclusion classrooms, general education classrooms, special education classrooms, physical education classrooms, homeschool, occupational, speech and physical therapists' offices, daycare facilities, hospitals, assisted living homes, yoga studios, recreational departments and of course, your home!

• Yoga mat with color-coded pose markings
    • 50 corresponding pose cards
    • Instructional Manual with specially designed color-coded yoga sequences
    • 80-minute instructional DVD including four 20-minute customizable chapters to use with color-coded mat

(information from website: http://www.stretchwhatmatters.com)
    Intended Population: Special Educators may use this system with their students with Autism, attentional, sensory, regulatory, and emotional needs.
    Price: 139.99
    Where to buy: Stretch What Matters | yoga classes, yoga system, workshops
    Related Research and Reading:
    Videos Examples and Presentations:
    Speech-Language Pathologist and Co-Founder of AllSpecialEd.com

To know Elizabeth is to love her. As a master's level teacher, she has a beautiful way with children and her passion for bringing the benefits of yoga to all everyone is inspiring!

Stretch What Matters Level 1 Certification Course

Stretch What Matters Level 1 Certification
    Population I used the Product with: Severe Challenges and High Functioning ASD
    Pros Cons
    Easy to Learn: ☒ Difficult to Grasp: ☐
    Effective Visuals/Worksheets: ☒
    Inadequate Visuals/Worksheets: ☐
    Easy to Integrate Into the Curriculum:☒
    Difficult to Integrate Into the Curriculum: ☐
    High Quality Graphics: ☒
    Poor Quality Graphics: ☐
    Priced Right: ☒
    Overpriced: ☐
    Customizable: ☒
    Lack of Customization: ☐
    Easy to Differentiate for Varied Levels:☒ Hard to Differentiate for Varied Levels: ☐
    Researched Based: ☒
    Little or No Research: ☐
    I would recommend to others: ☒ I wouldn’t recommend to others: ☐
    The Take Away: (overall impressions and experience)
    I had the pleasure of attending Stretch What Matters 20 hour Level 1 certification course. This course and experience changed the way I work with children and view regulation disorders. Through lessons in yoga, meditation, and neuro-anatomy, Elizabeth taught me the importance and power of teaching children the pathways to calm and self-regulation.
    What was the most surprising outcome of my experience with Stretch What Matters was how I was able to immediately apply my new knowledge to helping my children with severe disabilities. Through the use of deep breathing, meditation, and yoga (in our case very basic routine position changes at regular intervals) the special education team and I were beginning to see one of our student’s improve in her self-regulation and calmness as she was led through position changes. We were all thrilled. (I recently moved and had to switch jobs, so unfortunately I cannot comment on long-term effects.)
    If you are an educator or parent who has a child with high anxiety or self-regulation issues, you may truly benefit from Elizabeth’s teachings. As a special educator, yogi, and parent to a child with special needs, she truly wears many hats. Elizabeth understands issues in self-regulation from the home, school, and private perspectives. I cannot say enough positive things about my experience with Stretch What Matters. I would definitely be participating in the level 2 training if I were still living in Boston! Bring Stretch What Matters to Austin please!!!!
    Wishlist:
    I would like more sample lesson plans to test out as I hone my yoga teaching skills.
    My Questions For You? (questions you would like answered by developer or other community members)

Do you have any implementation tips for school based SLPs and educators who have large caseloads and time constraints?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.